The Antikythera Mechanism is sometimes not regarded as a proper computer, but rather as a calculator. The difference between the two is that a calculator has a fixed set of operations, unlike a computer which is truly programmable.
What would you say however, about a programmable analogue computer? On your desk? Without even using electricity.
The ArcheoMod offers a full suite:
- It introduces you to ideas such as programming and parallel computing with real objects and not abstract operations or pieces of code.
- It enables you to make your own complete Antikythera mechanism, the most impressive ancient technological achievement. All this in a modern modular way and in under one hour! You may also include your own extra functions to it!
- Make your own planetarium of the solar system, with true retrograde planetary motions!
- Or follow the steps of the Pythagoreans, Archimedes, Pascal, Fibonacci etc.
- Only your imagination can limit you in this educational game!